Professional Drain Cleaning Service | Knoxville, TN
Photo By valdore at istock
Your plumbing system acts like the veins and arteries in our bodies. Instead of carrying blood around the body, our plumbing system carries water around your home and wastewater goes away from it. As the pipes are often out of sight, we only really notice them when something goes wrong. Because they are out of sight it is not always easy to detect a problem such as a leak until a lot of damage is caused.
Just like our bodies, a problem in one area can lead to problems elsewhere. An experienced technician from My Professional Plumber is highly trained. They must perform a diagnosis of a problem and then find the correct solution for it.
Take for example that standing water in your sink or bathtub. Is it caused by clogs forming in the local pipework? Or is it due to a more serious problem like the sewer lines being blocked and causing the water to back up into your home? A drain cleaning service on your sink will remove clogs but not fix a sewer line. You need an expert to get to the bottom of the problem as quickly as possible, you need My Professional Plumber of Knoxville, TN.
When Do You Need a Drain Cleaning Service?
Having a regular drain cleaning service is not at the top of most people’s priorities. Cleaning the drains is one of those put off until tomorrow’s jobs and even then, most people’s solution is to pour some chemicals down the sink.
We at My Professional Plumber suggest that you have a regular drain cleaning service. This will give you peace of mind and remove any problems before they become serious ones, requiring expensive solutions. But if you spot some of the following signs and act quickly you can prevent these serious problems from occurring.
- Water is slowly draining from your sink or bathtub. One of the first signs of a problem is that your sinks or bathtub will not drain as quickly as they used to. There could be a clog starting to form in the pipework, if it is allowed to grow it will slowly restrict the water that flows through the drain. Unless you act quickly the clog could completely block the pipe, requiring a professional drain cleaning service.
- The clogs keep returning. In the early stages of clog formation pouring some chemical down the sink may do the trick and completely remove the clog. But it may be more difficult to remove a well-established clog, especially in a hard water area where minerals dissolved in the water can form layers of insoluble scale. The only safe and sure way to remove clogs is to have a professional drain cleaning service from My Professional Plumbing.
- Do you hear gurgling noises when the water drains? As the water flows over a clog small air bubbles are created, and this causes the gurgling noises that you hear. This is a certain indication of a clog or blockage forming. Unless you like this gurgling sound it is not going away until the clog is removed.
- Dirty water backing up into your Sink. This could be a blockage in the pipework under your sink or an indication that something more serious is wrong. If you can detect the smell of sewage, then this could be a sign that your sewer line is blocked or damaged. If the sewer line is blocked, then the wastewater from your home cannot exit into the main sewer system. This is a serious health hazard, and you need an expert drain cleaning service from My Professional Plumber.
- Other unpleasant Other smells could be due to food being trapped in the U-bend. Gentle chemicals may do the trick, but if not, you may have to undo the U-bend to clean it or use a drain snake. If you do not feel confident enough to do this, call My Professional Plumber where help is at hand.
- Your toilet is not clearing after you flush it. Sometimes a second flush will clear a small blockage, but for larger blockages, if you keep flushing the only likely outcome is that the toilet will overflow. Cleaning up the mess after an overflow is not a pleasant task, and with all the germs, bacteria and even chemicals lying around you will run the risk of infection. Our technicians use protective clothing, and it may be better to leave it to them.
How Do You Avoid These Problems from Happening?
There are some suggestions that you should follow to avoid any future clogs and drain blockages:
- Be careful what you are pouring down the sink. Clogs are formed when grease, food, and other materials stick to the inside of your pipes. Place food in the compost and pour any grease into a separate container and not down the sink.
- Be careful what you put into the toilet. Toilets are not trash cans. The only items that should be placed in a toilet are water, human waste, toilet tissue, and some gentle cleaners. It comes as a surprise to many that products such as wet wipes and tissue paper are a no-no. Unlike toilet paper, they are not designed to dissolve easily in water.
- Do not use strong chemicals. Pouring these down a toilet or sink is not a good idea, as overuse can corrode and damage older pipework and joints leading to leaks.
Let My Professional Plumber Deal with Your Drain Cleaning Service
My Professional Plumber is the drain cleaning service expert in Knoxville, TN. If your toilet has overflowed or your drain is blocked, you want an expert to come over quickly to clean the mess up and fix the cause. We understand the stress you are under when unpleasant things like this happen.
We have many years of experience in cleaning and unblocking drains, and we are on call 24 hours a day. Whatever your plumbing problem, get in touch with us today. We recommend that you have your plumbing system regularly checked. Cleaning the drains regularly will eliminate smaller clogs and blockages before they cause major problems.