Four Issues That Require Help From A Plumbing Company | Knoxville, TN
Photo By undefined undefined at istock
Can you imagine what life in your Knoxville, TN home would be like without clean running water? Can you imagine what life would be like if water and waste didn’t drain and exit your home? Unfortunately, these issues occur in many homes, making daily household tasks impossible.
The plumbing system in your home is very complex. If you attempt a DIY repair, you could end up doing more damage. Plumbing repairs require knowledge and skill. If you aren’t a trained plumber, trying to repair a plumbing issue is a bad idea.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, it is best to hire a plumbing company.
#1 You Have No Water Coming from the Faucets and Showerheads
A lack of water is the most obvious sign that you need to call a plumber. Before you make the call, check your records to ensure your water bills have been paid. You should also ask a neighbor if they have water. If they don’t, there is a widespread water outage, and a plumbing company won’t be able to help. If everything checks out and you aren’t sure why you have no running water, you should call a plumber. There are a few issues that can cause this problem.
- Clogged pipes
- Dated materials
- An issue with the water main
- Frozen pipes
A plumbing company will send someone to your home to inspect the plumbing system to determine why you have no running water. This way the issue can be repaired.
#2 Poor Water Pressure
Inadequate water pressure is a common and frustrating issue. Without adequate water pressure, simple daily tasks like rinsing a dish or washing your hair. Your washing machine and dishwasher rely on hot water to function correctly. Without adequate water pressure, these appliances won’t work at peak performance.
If the water pressure in your home is suddenly poor, then you should call a plumbing company. There are a few issues that can cause insufficient water pressure, and you will need a plumber to determine the cause.
- The fixture: If the water pressure from every tap is fine except for one, it is likely the fixture causing the problem. The aerator or cartridge could be clogged, which a plumbing company can easily fix.
- The water heater: If only the hot water pressure is poor, the issue is with the water heater. Sediment can build up in the tank, causing a clog in the line. A plumber can try to remove the clog, but if there is too much sediment in the tank, it may be time for a new water heater.
- Leaks: It isn’t easy to spot a leak in the plumbing system because they often come from the back of the cabinet or vanity. When water is leaking somewhere, it causes poor water pressure. A leak will also waste a significant amount of water, causing your water bills to increase. In addition, the leaking water can cause water damage and mold growth.
If you aren’t getting adequate water flow, you should call a plumbing company right away. A plumber can inspect your plumbing system to determine the source of the problem so it can be repaired.
#3 Brown Water
When you turn on the water in your Knoxville, TN home, you expect it to be clean and clear. If your water has a brownish tint, you should call a plumber immediately. There are a couple of issues that can cause discolored water, and you will need a plumber to determine the cause.
- Corroded pipes: As the pipes age, they can become rusty or corroded. The corrosion can break apart and contaminate the water coming from the faucets and showerheads. A plumbing company can find and replace the corroded pipes, and the water will be clear.
- Water main issues: If there is an issue with the water main, it can stir up minerals and sediment that can contaminate your water. A licensed plumber can repair the problem, and the water coming from the faucets and showerheads will be clear and free of contaminants.
- The water heater: If your cold water is clear and the hot water is discolored, the issue could be the water heater. When sediment builds up in the water tank, it can break apart and contaminate your water. If your water heater has reached its maximum lifespan, the tank can start to wear down, and small pieces of metal can contaminate the water. A plumber can determine whether your water heater can be repaired or if it is time for a replacement.
#4 Drain Issues
Slow and clogged drains are very frustrating and a major inconvenience. Regardless of how careful you are about putting things down the drain, grease, food, hair, and soap scum will end up going down the drain and can eventually cause a clog.
Many homeowners will try to handle the problem themselves using a liquid drain cleaner. They assume that these products can help them save money and time. Unfortunately, liquid drain cleaners don’t always work. They can remove a portion of the clog, but if the whole thing isn’t removed, you will experience drain issues again soon. Also, the harsh chemicals in liquid drain cleaners can damage the pipes.
A plumber can remove the entire clog. They can use a drain camera to find the location of the clog and to determine the size. This information will help them choose the best method to remove the whole clog in one visit.
Why Choose My Professional Plumber?
If you are experiencing plumbing issues in your Knoxville, TN home and want to work with the best plumbers in the business, contact My Professional Plumber. We are a full-service plumbing company that has been serving customers in the area for years.
We understand that plumbing issues can arise at the most inconvenient times, so we offer emergency service. If you call outside of our regular business hours, we will do our best to get to your home as quickly as we would if you had called during our normal business hours.
To schedule an appointment with our plumbing company, give us a call today.